Article II – Purpose
WILEAN is a nonprofit institution designed to facilitate law enforcement sensitive information-sharing and establish standards, provide training and resources, and encourage innovation for both crime and intelligence analysts throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Article III – Functions
The functions of WILEAN are to:
• Enhance public and official understanding of the role of law enforcement analysis.
• Encourage general recognition of the practice of law enforcement analysis as a professional field.
• Reinforce the concepts of professionalism, dedication to service, and integrity among practitioners of law enforcement analysis.
• To enhance the effectiveness of law enforcement analysis programs statewide through education and training.
• To provide a forum for analysts to share information, strategy, and technique.
• To promote statewide professional standards for analysts.
• To assist local and state law enforcement agencies in the development and advancement of analysis programs.
• To research and publish information regarding law enforcement analysis.
• To foster multi-agency collaboration and information sharing.
President – Melissa Marchant
Secretary – Michelle Belongie
Operations Officer – Christopher Jaeger
Vice President – Dan Baebler
Treasurer – Erin Christensen
WILEAN 2019 Fall Conference
Dates: October 10th, 2019
Location: Madison Police Department Training Center
5702 Femrite Drive
Madison, WI 53718
Cost: $25 for members / $55 for non-members
Lunch: Lunch is included with the attendance fee.
Deadline: Please register by Friday, September 2017th.
Topics include: Suspicious Activity Reporting, free law enforcement resources from Cell Hawk, a presentation on the Suburban Violent Crimes Task Force, ArcGIS online tools, and presentations on CLEAR including National LPR data and Vigilant Facial Recognition tools.
Welcome to WILEAN
$25 annual membership (NOTE: there is a $1 service fee if payment is made online)
Members of WILEAN have the right to:
· Attend meetings, training, conferences, and functions of WILEAN.
· Make, debate, and vote on motions.
· Vote in elections.
· Run for a position on the Executive Board.
· Nominate members to the Executive Board.
· Access and review the minutes of meetings, to include Executive Board meetings.
· Enjoy all products, services, and benefits of membership.
Question? Comments? Contact a WILEAN representative here: